Alas, no pictures. It’s all copyrighted. But there are plenty of images at the official web site.
It’s the movie, Iron Sky, and if you set your expectations correctly, you’ll enjoy it. Maybe even a whole lot.
This is destined to be a cult classic.
Here’s the mindset you want:
- Expect a class B movie, nothing more.
- Expect silly, unscientific and transparent.
- Expect your heroes to be spoofed and ridiculed.
- Watch it “On Demand” with DirecTv or as a DVD rental.
- First of all, you won’t lose a lot on the little screen — the special effects are good but, frankly, the entertainment is in the dialog and easy to see details.
- And secondly, in those formats you’ll gain the ability to pause, rewind, replay and to even watch the whole thing several times.
And keep the sound up; the dialog is great, even when it’s atrocious, it’s great!
For those who don’t already know the plot — where have you been for the past year? — it seems the Nazis, in 1945 and faced with certain destruction, built a base on the far side, incorrectly called the “dark side”, of the moon. They’ve been hiding there for 70 years building up strength to re-take the Earth.
And the time has come.