Web pages and posts at flat5.net should use the following guidelines.
All CSS style settings are edited in the child’s style.css via the Dashboard via Appearance -> Editor.
Format (twentyeleven) choices
- Standard – “Fast Eddie’s Wisdom” and short posts limited to one to two (1-2) paragraphs containing not more than one image.
- Aside – Side comments with no image and containing less than four (4) short sentences.
- Link – URL and explanatory comment only.
- Gallery – Longer posts with at least one image. For even longer posts, include subsection headers (<h6>header</h6>).
- Status – Two or three (2-3) sentences with no image.
- Quote – Not used. (Use <blockquote> and </blockquote> instead.)
- Image – Not used.
“Fast Eddie’s Wisdom” style
- Set as a “Standard” post but bracket all content with <blockquote> and </blockquote> including images and text.
- Use AVS Video Editor 6.X on PC for final production as follows:
- File -> Produce
- Device, Next
- Choose “Apple iPod – (H.264, 640×480)”
- Settings and choices after that are obvious
- Choose a single frame, capture it as a PNG and, in Paint.net, overlay with a top-most “Click To Play” and, beneath that, a grey rectangle with partial transparency as a background to that text.
- Create the new post and upload the video and then the single frame.
- Preview the new post “as is” and click-through the video title ONE TIME. Hover over the video title in this next frame, right-click it and select “Copy link location” or, alternatively, write down the complete pathname to the *.m4v file, e.g., http://flat5.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/GunShowReport.m4v
- Edit the HTML so it looks similar to this:
<a href=”http://flat5.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/GunShowReport.m4v”><img class=”alignnone” src=”http://flat5.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/LastOfItsKind_titleSlide-300×225.png” /></a>
- If there is little or no accompanying text, post in Standard format, not Gallery.
- Add “Video” as one of the Tags.
- Preview the posting on the iPad and also on a PC in both IE and Firefox as well as any other browsers of interest.
- Older displays become cramped with more than one.
- On entry, do not use single or double quotes. Instead, use ’ for the right single quote (and apostrophe), and then “ and ” for left and right double quotes. These will display in the quotes area correctly.
- But when edited, they will also display correctly but not be directly editable. If you must change them, remember to use ’ and “ and ” so the correct character will be stored (without escape) in the database.
- FYI: Quotes are stored in the wp_options table in pixelquotes_settings but editing directly therein (via phpAdmin) is not recommended as it appears to contain a length as well as other mystery fields.